Showpass is a venue and event management software company focusing on building next generation technology to empower companies from owners to employees with the tools they need to make a bigger impact with their customers. Our tools combine the best of cutting edge software and hardware to create a united front of online and offline sales, while bringing operational tools of event management to the same platform as ticketing.
But what makes us different?
Showpass offers a unique platform for collaboration between the key groups that power events. From venues, to organizers, to street teams, to event go-ers, we are focused on bringing people together through the magic of live events. We also happen to be powered by the most talented team in the industry that fosters innovation, creativity and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events, and all things food. That’s what makes us the fastest growing Canadian ticketing company.
THE ROLE: UI/UX Designer & Developer (full-time permanent role)
THE LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
- Health benefits package
- Chef provided meal everyday
- Fully stocked snack bar
- Gym membership
- Dog-friendly office
- Work closely with clients, sales team, developers and UX designers to effectively convey product vision by designing and developing interfaces for new features
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and efficiently develop UI components for new features
- Create and improve strategic design and user experience for new and existing features
- Work closely with clients to create and improve client websites and integrate our SDK and widgets appropriately
- Identify and resolve design/ui/ux problems or inconsistencies
- Keep up to date with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Take a user-centered design approach and promptly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Post-secondary education in a Computer/Engineering/Media/Design related field
- Minimum 3 years work experience with UI/UX & Web Design is required
- REST, Python, Django or similar (Flask, Rails, Node.js, Go) are a bonus
- Experience creating prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Strong testing and debugging skills
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
- Be passionate about all things UI/UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Exude confidence when collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Be willing to share knowledge/experience with the rest of the team and learn from them
- Ability to champion new ideas and develop creative approaches
- Must have the hustle and drive to take initiative and make things happen!
NOTE: We will only contact qualified candidates of interest.