Showpass is a venue and event management software company focusing on building next generation technology to empower companies from owners to employees with the tools they need to make a bigger impact with their customers. Our tools combine the best of cutting edge software and hardware to create a united front of online and offline sales, while bringing operational tools of event management to the same platform as ticketing.
But what makes us different?
Showpass offers a unique platform for collaboration between the key groups that power events. From venues, to organizers, to street teams, to event go-ers, we are focused on bringing people together through the magic of live events. We also happen to be powered by the most talented team in the industry that fosters innovation, creativity and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events, and all things food. That’s what makes us the fastest growing Canadian ticketing company.
THE ROLE: DevOps Engineer (full-time permanent role)
THE LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
- Health Benefits Package
- Fully stocked snack bar
- Gym membership
- Dog-friendly office
- Work with developers and designers to make exciting new features and elegant pages
- Apply latest patches for servers
- Develop and implement strategies to improve current server infrastructure and deployment
- Write clean code in a testable, reliable and sustainable way
- Manage microservice-oriented infrastructure in a manner that promotes scalability, maintainability and security
- Ensure that the system brings code from development to users with zero downtime
- Investigate and resolve system errors and bugs as required
- Participate in routine standups, code reviews and testing parties
- Post secondary education in engineering or computer science would be an asset
- Work experience in a technology or software company is required
- Must have experience working with the following technologies: Kubernetes, Fabric, Chef or other infrastructure automation tools, Docker, Python, Django or similar (Flask, Rails, Node.js, Go), Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AngularJS or similar frontend frameworks (Backbone, Ember, Polymer)
- Guru with server optimization, scalability, microservices and containerization
- Strong testing and debugging skills
- Must work great in a team and also as an individual contributor
- Ability to champion new ideas and develop creative approaches
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have the hustle and drive to take initiative and make things happen!
POSTING CLOSE DATE: August 31, 2017
NOTE: We will only contact qualified candidates of interest.